Roger Stowell at Camerahols/Food, Photography & France is a blogger who feels like an old friend. He has passed along a challenge to me from Yummy Chunklet. I feel flattered that he included me with well known bloggers. I will not think of Roger as “a swine” as he mentioned in his challenge even though he has put me in quite a quandary.
The challenge has two rules:
- Publish a link specifically for the categories below
- Nominate up to 5 bloggers to take part
If you are new to my blog, I should explain that my blog is a little different from many of my fellow bloggers. While a lot of my blogs relate to food, I also like to share other experiences in my life.
- The most beautiful post: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. I have included photos of my garden…flowers and critters both good and bad.
- The most popular post: Grilled Pork Chops with a Peach and Kiwi Salsa. This is a flavorful dish for summer that is as pretty as it is good.
- The most controversial post: I try not to be controversial and so far I don’t think my readers have thought so.
- The most helpful post: Buffalo Ribeye – From Farm to Table. I thought that this post let people know that buffalo meat has less fat, fewer calories and cholesterol than fish, chicken, or ostrich.
- The post that was surprisingly successful: Founder’s Day in Paris. Up until that time most of my blogs were food related and this post strayed from that subject and was well received.
- The post that did not get the attention it deserved: Mediterranean Grilled Lamb. I was surprised that this post didn’t do well until I realized that the photo appearing on WordPress was the platter of my raw marinated lamb instead of the nice photo after it was grilled. It might also be that a lot of people don’t like the flavor of lamb. That being said The Best Lamb Burger was very successful but who doesn’t love a burger.
- The post that I am most proud of: Antique and Classic Wooden Boat and Car Show. I have to say that I was honored that this post was put on Freshly Pressed. It was such a surprise and I am extremely grateful to have been selected by WordPress.
Now I would like to pass the baton on to the following bloggers that I enjoy reading:
There were many blogs that I would like to have added to this list but in keeping with the rules I kept it to the five listed above. I hope that the bloggers that I selected will enjoy the process of going back in time and selecting their favorites. I have enjoyed going to the other participants sites and reading their posts. Some I remembered and some I did not.